Student internships for longer duration are available in the areas of Smart Product Design, AI, AR/VR, Robotics, Energy, Automation, Graphic Design, Educational Media Technology, CNC and 3D Printing
Core Activities and Pedagogy of TLC at IIITDM Kancheepuram
We specialize in Project-Based Learning pedagogy
TLC at IIITDM Kancheepuram specializes in Project-based learning (PBL) an instructional approach that belongs to the epistemological paradigm of social constructivism. Constructivist instruction, especially that which is based on design tasks or problem-solving, places high demands on the teacher’s subject-matter understanding. The teacher must not only be familiar with the principles underlying a topic of study but must also be prepared for the variety of ways these principles can be explored. TLC offers the opportunity for teachers in higher/school education to be prepared for adopting PBL in their teaching-learning process.
Affordable Manufacturing Education
Open Source, Do-It-Yourself, Affordable Edutech Development
TLC specializes in providing resources for building affordable education technologies for use in practice/vocational courses in higher/school education as per the new National Educational Policy (NEP 2020)
Using the sophisticated makerspace available with TLC, teachers can build educational technologies viz, low-cost open-source DIY machines for teaching.
We have a team of engineers to develop open-source machines/software/tools that could be used by teachers substituting extremely expensive imported equipment.
Programs of TLC
Faculty Externships/Workshops/Training/Induction Programs
TLC offers structured one, two, three, four, and five days workshops/training for open source technology development for faculty and students.
- TLC conducts on-demand and periodic workshops for engineering colleges, polytechnics, ITIs, and school teachers.
- TLC conducts faculty induction training programs for newly joined faculty for onboarding them to the teaching-learning process.
We offer a one-day or half-day visit by students and faculty to expose them to facilities available with the maker space. In the first session, guided exposure to Project-based learning will be offered and in the second session, a guided tour of the facility will be arranged.
We also engage faculty/student visitors from various colleges to spend a longer duration as visitors in maker space to develop instructional modules for the practice course.
Product Development support to Edupreneurs
Edupreneurs are usually mission-driven and they engage constructively building new education organizations and businesses, developing the latest edtech tools, developing e-content, developing MOOC courses.
- We provide access to our makerspace for edupreneurs developing laboratory edutech for use in the teaching-learning process
- The makerspace houses an excellent facility for developing prototypes and proofs-of-concept for educational aids/tools/equipment
- TLC houses three studios for educational media content preparation namely, MOOC studio, immersive classroom recording studio, and mixed reality studio and are open for edupreneurs.